Dr. Carol Alexander
Dr. Carol Alexander
- Senior Lecturer at Mattersey Hall, Course Leader for BA in Christian Leadership, Mattersey, England – July 2004 to December 2011.
- Teaching on the Master of Arts Missional Leadership Program UK – 2005 to 2011.
- Doctor of Ministry supervision – 2010 to 2013.
- Senior Lecturer at Africa School of Missions and Course Leader for Counseling and Pastoral Ministries – 1984 to 1994.
- Lecturer at Strikeforce Ministry Training Institute, Australia - 1994 to 2000.
- Board member, Africa School of Missions, South Africa.
- Board member of Prepare International (NFP).
- Former Director, Asian Outreach, South Africa
- Former Board member, Hands@Work, UK.
- Former Women’s Ministries Director, Brisbane North District, Australia.
About: Carol is married to Paul - they have lived on four continents and served God passionately together for thirty-seven years of their married lives. They have led thriving churches in the UK, Johannesburg and Australia. They pioneered the Africa School of Missions in 1985 and today graduates of that College serve in over 50 nations around the world.
Carol is a motivational speaker and preaches at Conferences and Leadership seminars around the world. She currently serves as the Director of the Graduate School at Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, North Dakota and has developed the innovative program MA (Missional Leadership). Her Ph.D was a cutting edge piece of Practical theology that concentrated on Christian leadership with a focus on cultural shifts, changing authority structures and moral ambiguities in contemporary society.
Carol and Paul have two children both resident in the USA. Anna is married to Rich and resides in Charlotte, North Carolina. They have two children Ava and Tylan. Jason, their son lives in Los Angeles, California. They are an extremely close-knit family and love spending time together.
Evangel University 1975-1979 Bachelor of Arts Biblical Studies -Springfield, MO
Concentration: Biblical Languages Minor: History
Bethel Seminary 1979-1982 Master of Divinity -St. Paul, MN
Midwestern Baptist Seminary 1993-1995 Doctor of Ministry -Kansas City, MO
- First Assembly of God, Norfolk, NE 1982-1985 Youth Pastor
- Ordained-Assemblies of God March 5, 1985
- First Assembly of God, McCook, NE 1985-1986 Youth Pastor
- First Assembly of God, McCook, NE 1986-1988 Senior Pastor
- Nebraska District Council A/G 1989-1995 Director of Youth & Christian Education
- Assemblies of God World Missions 1995-Present Missionary to Peru
- Church planting/Church construction/Evangelistic outreaches
- Seminary professor/Started Christian radio station/Started first Peruvian Teen Challenge
- Ministerial Association-Norfolk, NE
- Ministerial Association-McCook, NE
- YMCA Board of Directors-McCook, NE
- Colegio Roosevelt School Board-Lima, Peru
About: John and his wife Kerri have three children, Kristen, Katie and Austin, and one granddaughter, Jada Noelle. They are presently enjoying a time of ministry as Missionaries-In-Residence. Their appointment is for two years, 2012-2014. John’s duties include teaching Intercultural Studies classes, leading mission trips and directing the Distance Education Program. Kerri is serving as the Director of Enrollment Management. They enjoy a variety of activities including reading, writing, cooking and sports.
- Currently Athletic Director, Head Football Coach, and Adj. Instructor of Physical Education at Trinity Bible College
- 3 years of Professional Football in the NIFL (National Indoor Football League)
- Ansley Public Schools - 6th grade classroom teacher/Jr. High PE teacher, Asst. Football Coach, Asst. Girls Basketball Coach, Asst. Boys and Girls Track Coach, Head Jr. High Football Coach, Head Jr. High Girls Basketball Coach, Head Jr. High Boys Track Coach
- Thedford Public Schools - K-12 PE teacher, Head Coach of 9 sports during those 4 years (Football, Girls Basketball, Boys Track, Girls Track, Jr. High Volleyball, Jr. High Boys Basketball, Jr. High Girls Basketball, Jr. High Boys Track, Jr. High Girls Track)
- Youth Interim Pastor at Spirit of Life Open Bible Church in Kearney, NE
- Worship team member at every church I've ever been apart of since learning to play the guitar 13 years ago.
About: Married to Aleena Morgan and the two of us have two totally awesome children: Jayce (9) and Caysen (7). We have been in a traveling music group of some sort since we got married. Have traveled on National Tours with rock bands, metal bands, worship bands, and evangelists! I'm PASSIONATE about Trinity Bible College, it is indeed the "GREATEST PLACE ON THE PLANET!" I also love my Denver Broncos and Nebraska Cornhuskers! I came back to Trinity in 2009 to follow God's command of building a Modern-Day Army of Joshua's and Caleb's to go and be impact people in the Kingdom of Heaven and to use Athletics to do that!! One of the ways that I believe this can happen is to launch 500 PE Teachers/Coaches into Americas Schools over the next 10 yrs! Man, God is GOOD and it is truly a FANTASTIC time to be a Trinity Lion!
M.S., Library and Information Science, University of North Texas, Denton, TX
B.A., Biblical Studies and Pre-Counseling Minor, Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND
Library Director, Southeast Technical Institute, Sioux Falls, SD – September 2008-July 2013
Library Director, Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND – September 1995-August 2007
Former Children’s Pastor, First Assembly of God, Gillette, WY
Former Wyoming Women’s Ministries District Officer
Former Ellendale School Board, Ellendale, ND
Former/Current North Dakota Library Coordinating Council
Former South Dakota Women’s Ministries Sectional Representative
About: Phyllis is married to Daniel and together they have served as youth pastors, associate pastors, college faculty, and senior pastors for the past thirty-eight years. Their son, Kerry, daughter, Danielle, and son-in-law, Derrick, have blessed them with six grandchildren: Jersie, Dominic, Drayton, Drayána, Dylon, and Davin. Danielle and Derrick live outside of Moline, IL and Kerry resides in Ellendale, ND.
Phyllis is currently directing the library and teaching English Composition at Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND.
Rev. Ben McIntosh
Rev. Ben T. McIntosh
- Assistant Professor of Business 2011-PresentTrinity Bible College, Ellendale, North Dakota
- Senior Pastor 2008-2011 Bridge of Life Christian Center, St. Augustine, Florida
- Vice President/Branch Manager 2005-2008 Watson Realty Corp, Palatka, Florida
- Associate Pastor 2002-2005 Victory Christian Center, San Mateo, Florida
- Director of Youth and Contemporary Worship1999-2002 First Christian Church, Lufkin, Texas
Assembly of God Ministerial License – Active 2008-Present
Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA )2011-Present
National Business Education Association (NBEA) 2011-Present
Florida Real Estate Broker License 2005-Present
About: I am a passionate, organized, and strategic thinker who looks to get the best out of those I work with and for. I consider myself to be a visionary leader and am not afraid to put a little sweat equity into achieving established goals. I’m also a firm believer in advancing the Kingdom of God by demonstrating servant-leadership.
- Craig College of Ministry
- Bethany University Administrative Assistant to Dean and Associate Dean
- Northwest University as Administrative Assistant to Dean and Associate Dean
- Library cataloging supervisor, graduate studies office manager, coordinator for an emerging college, and chapel arranger.
- Public high school registrar.
As a pastor’s wife I worked in all aspects of church life from children’s ministry to choir, décor to decision making, teaching to tangible actions, helping victims to volunteers. Currently, I enjoy creating welcome gifts for visiting guests or incoming faculty and staff.
About: I grew up in an Assembly of God pastor’s home with the most wonderful parent/pastors in the world: Leonard and Mary Couchman. I found my gift of music when I was a teen and was able to sing and travel for several years in a variety of settings. I attended Bethany Bible College where I met my husband Steve Chandler and we have been married for 40 years. We have four beautiful daughters, three terrific son-in-laws and 4 incredible grandchildren. I enjoy reading, writing, singing, crafting, sightseeing, and creating.
CINCEL Language Institute, San Jose, Costa Rica January – December, 1997
The University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN Juris Doctor, 1982
Evangel University, Springfield, MO B.A. 1979 Suma cum laude
Member Nebraska State Bar Association
Public School System Interpreter, Bloomington, MN 2006-07 Grand Island, NE 2007-08
North Central University, Minneapolis, MN Adjunct teacher, Spanish 2006-2007
Hubert Olson Middle School, Bloomington, MN Spanish teacher 2006-2007
Nebraska District Assemblies of God Corporate Counsel, Grand Island, NE 1988-1995
Deputy County Attorney, Red Willow County, NE 1987-89
McCook Community College, McCook, NE Adjunct teacher, Business Law and Economics, 1987-89
Private legal practice
- Volunteering in the local church in teaching, music, youth and children’s ministry.
- Serving in compassion outreaches, medical clinics, etc.
About: Kerri and her husband John have three children; twins Katie and Kristen and one son, Austin. They have served as missionaries for 18 years to Lima, Peru.
Ph. D. (candidate) Organizational Leadership, Education, Northcentral University
M.A. Crown College
B.A. Biblical Studies/Ministerial, Trinity Bible College
- Admissions Counselor, Trinity Bible College, 2001-2006
- Faculty, Trinity Bible College, 2006-2008
- Distance Education Director, 2008-2012
- President’s Executive Assistant, 2012-2013
- Assistant V.P. Academics/Director of Assessment, 2013-present
- Board member, New Life Assembly of God, Ellendale, ND
- Committee Member, Ellendale, ND
About: Scott is married to Ginger. They have four children. Three girls and one boy. Two of their children are currently studying with Trinity Bible College. The other two are in high school and 1st grade. They have lived peacefully in Ellendale for 13 years.
Scott is a licensed pastor with the Assemblies of God. He has spoken at several youth leadership conferences encouraging a more integrated youth ministry with the parent church. He currently serves as the Assistant V.P. of Academics and Director of Assessment at Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, North Dakota. His PhD is in the realm of leading postmodern students in a higher education context.
BA Intercultural Studies & Biblical Studies at Trinity Bible College
- Director of Pack Your Bags Program- Trinity Bible College
- Resident Director of Men's Dorms- Trinity Bible College
- Missions Coordinating
About: Jordy is the middle child of a family of 13 children. He grew up in a Dominican household in Miami, Florida. In the inner-city, Jordy did not live according to God’s standards until he moved to Minnesota and was radically changed by God and called to missions. He then wholeheartedly pursued a deeper relationship with God and was led to Trinity Bible College. There he studied missions and led the missions team at the college for three years, taking them on several missions trips around the world. Today, Jordy and his beautiful wife, Elizabeth, direct the PackYourBags program. There they mentor and teach students about their identity and call from God through classes and missions trips. Jordy and Elizabeth’s goal is to become full time missionaries taking Jesus to unreached peoples.
Director of Financial Aid
Trinity Bible College, B.A. Biblical Studies/Music Minor
About: After graduating from Trinity in 1999 my husband, Ben, and I moved to Texas. We were both on staff at First Christian Church in Lufkin, TX where our son, Tommy, was born that same summer. In 2002 we moved to San Mateo, FL where we were Associate Pastors of Victory Christian Fellowship for three years. In 2005 we moved to St. Augustine, FL where we became Lead Pastors at Bridge of Life before moving back to North Dakota in 2011.
Our son is now a freshman in high school. Ben starts his DBA this coming spring with Liberty University. It has been great being back at Trinity where we met not only each other, but amazing friends we will always cherish!
Dr. Michael Bommarito
Dr. Michael Bommarito
Ph.D., Teaching and Learning: Higher Education, University of North Dakota.
M.Div., Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California.
B.A., University of California, Irvine.
- State Chapter Coordinator, Children’s Advocacy Centers of North Dakota, Bismarck, ND: 2010-2013
- Director of Operations, The God’s Child Project, Bismarck, ND: 2009-2010
- Executive Director, North Dakota Republican Party, Bismarck, ND: 2008
- Director of Operations and Development, The Salvation Army, Bismarck, ND: 2004-2008
- Country Director for Hungary, Church Resource Ministries, Budapest, Hungary, 1994-2003
- Rotary International
- The Salvation Army
- Joy International
- Welcome House
About: Dr. Michael Bommarito grew up in Southern California and received his Masters of Divinity from Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena. Following six years of pastoral experience in the United Methodist Church, he and his wife, Kate, followed God’s leading to Budapest, Hungary with Church Resource Ministries (CRM). As Country Director for CRM he led an international staff focused on training Hungarians in leadership development, church planting and church revitalization.
After 10 years of service in Hungary, he and his family moved to Bismarck, North Dakota, where he led several non-profit organizations. Michael earned his Ph.D. in Teaching and Learning: Higher Education with an emphasis on theological education and leadership development from the University of North Dakota.
Michael and Kate have two sons, Drew and Matthew, both of whom were born in Hungary. The Bommaritos have traveled broadly including five continents and 18 countries. Michael has a passion to see the Body of Christ equipped for ministry that results in the nations being reached with the message of Jesus Christ.
M.M., B.M. - Lee University
Michael has had musical experience in a wide variety of areas. As a pianist, he has performed as a collaborative musician, accompanist, and a soloist. Within the church, he has been involved leading musical worship and conducting choral groups. As an educator, Michael has taught music courses and piano lessons at the collegiate level for three years, and he has taught private piano lessons for ten years.
About: Michael began teaching at Trinity in the fall of 2013. Recently married, he and his wife Rachel enjoy good sushi, being outside, and reading. They both love competition and hate losing whether it be in a game of basketball or board games.
M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction, Emphasis in Elementary Reading; Grand Canyon University, 2013.
B.A. in Elementary Education & Biblical Studies; Trinity Bible College, 2003.
- 2010-2013 – Registrar & Adjunct Instructor; Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND
- 2003-2010 – Elementary Teacher/Administrator; Abundant Life Academy, Toledo, OR
- 2000-2002 – Financial Aid Counselor; Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND
I am currently involved in the worship ministry at New Life Assembly of God in Ellendale, ND. In addition, I am also involved in active mentoring of teacher education students, above and beyond the day-to-day teaching including hosting multiple study groups, get-togethers, and social events for the teacher education department students so as to encourage relationship building and individual mentoring opportunities. In my previous position, I was very involved as the worship leader for many years, as well as holding various positions of leadership in children’s and youth ministry at Abundant Life Center in Toledo, Oregon.
About: I love teaching! I am an avid reader and life-long learner and love sharing what I have learned and am learning with others. I love to laugh and do so quite frequently and sometimes inappropriately for which I then have to apologize. ;-) I have a fluffy Shih Tzu named Rosebud who is a fun little companion and earns her keep by warming my feet at night. I have lots of favorite authors, a few of them being Jane Austen, Andrew Murray, Lori Wick, Madeleine L’Engle, Helen MacInnes, Frank Peretti, Dr. James Dobson, and C.S. Lewis. I am originally from Toledo, Oregon, a small town on the lovely Oregon Coast, where the majority of my family still lives. Just like my students, I look forward to Christmas vacation and summer break which affords me the opportunity to visit them. In my spare time (haha!), I enjoy singing, playing the piano, learning about nutrition and health, going for walks, and spending time with friends and family.
MA in Secondary Education-Sports Administration- East Central University
BA in Elementary Education, Minor in Coaching and Biblical Studies- Trinity Bible College
About: Originating from Tulare, South Dakota, I grew up with my parents and three brothers. In 2008, I married Rachael Nowell, whom I met while attending Trinity Bible College. I played four years of basketball and was named Northern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference most valuable player my senior year as apart of the 2006 North Central Region Champion and National qualifying team. I still hold Trinity's career steals record and remain in the top ten for points scored, rebounding and assists.
In the spring of 2007, I was hired as the Head Men's basketball coach and have been named three-time Conference Coach of the Year and 2012 North Central Region Coach of the Year. I achieved my 100th career win in 2013.
Faculty/ Adjunct Instructors
Rev. Rick Wadholm
Rev. Rick Wadholm Jr.
Ph.D. (candidate) in Pentecostal and Biblical Studies, Bangor University, Wales
Graduate Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison
M.Div.Honours, Providence Theological Seminary
B.A. in Biblical Studies and Global Studies, Trinity Bible College
- Instructor and Lecturer in Old Testament, Providence University College and Theological Seminary – 2012-Present
- Pastor of Karlstad Assembly of God in Karlstad, MN – 2003-2013
- Assistant Presbyter of the MN Assemblies of God – 2005-2013
- Pastor of Osnabrock Assembly of God in Osnabrock, ND – 1999-2002
- Pastor of Alsen Swiss Mennonite in Alsen, ND – 1999-2002
· “Emerging Homiletics: A Pentecostal Response” – chapter in edited volume; Ed. Lee Roy Martin (Forthcoming)
· “N.T.Wright’s ‘Justification’ and the Cry of the Spirit” – chapter in edited volume; Eds. Jenny Everts and Jeffrey Lampe; Deo Publishing (Forthcoming)
· David G. Firth and Paul D. Wegner, eds., Presence, Power, and Promise: The Role of the Spirit of God in the Old Testament (Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2011) in Enrichment Journal 17.4 (Fall 2012): 136
Papers Delivered at Professional Associations:
· “The Theological Significance of Yôm in Genesis One” – Paper to be presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies, Springfield, MO 2014
· “What Time Is It? The Theological Motifs of Time in Genesis One” – Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Biblical Studies, Victoria, BC 2013
· “Emerging Homiletics: A Pentecostal Response” – Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies, Seattle, WA 2013
· “N.T.Wright’s ‘Justification’ and the Cry of the Spirit” – Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies, Memphis, TN 2011
· “On a Modified Pacifism” – Paper presented to the Theological Society of Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND 1998
· “A Theology of the Spirit in the Former Prophets: A Pentecostal Perspective” – In Process
· “The Theological Meaning and Significance of Yôm in Genesis One” – 2012
Current Research Interests:
· Translation and comments on The Book of Judith for the New English Translation
· Old Testament Studies (including the Biblical Languages)
· Biblical and Practical Theology
· Hermeneutics and Theological Interpretation
· Pentecostal Homiletics
· Pneumatology (Old Testament)
About: Rick is married (Jenn) and has four children (Bryce, Abbi, Cambria and Zoë). Rick has pastored several rural congregations in ND and MN for 14 years and is ordained with the Assemblies of God (USA). He is a regular speaker for churches, camps and conferences. He enjoys reading and discussing theology and Biblical Studies, most particularly the works of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Karl Barth.
Rick is an active member of the Canadian Society of Biblical Studies, the International Bonhoeffer Society, Pentecostals and Charismatics for Peace and Justice, the Society of Biblical Literature, and the Society for Pentecostal Studies. He has helped found the Society for Pentecostal Studies Student Caucus and the ministry of Doctors of Pentecost. He also enjoys blogging on topics of translation, Biblical studies, pastoring and theology by contributing to four different blogs—his personal blogging adventures hosted at http://rickwadholmjr.wordpress.com.
PhD Studies, USD
BA Jamestown College
- Chair, Gen. Ed. Dept. (2013)
- Faculty Representative, Board of Administration (2004-2011)
- Chair, NCA/HlC Self Study (2007)
- Faculty Editor Plainsong Magazine, (Jamestown College 1998)
- Chair, English Seminar (NDSU 1996)
- Vice Pres. of the Ellendale Airport Authority; Member, Ellendale Arts Assn.
About: My wife, Lana, and I have lived in Ellendale since the late 80s. We have three children and six grandchildren. During the early years of our marriage, we farmed south of Gackle, ND.
In 1984 Lana attended dental school in Lincoln, NE, and has been Ellendale’s dentist since earning her DDS. I began teaching in 1991, but continued to farm during summers with my son, Lincoln, until 2001. Before coming to Trinity Bible College in 1999, I taught at both North Dakota State University and Jamestown College. When Lincoln left to accept a job in Texas, I retired from farming and have been employed by TBC for the past 14 years. Teaching English and science at Trinity is a joy; we have exceptional people here!
PhD studies in Systematic Theology with secondary focus in Church History—Trinity Evangelical Divinity School at Trinity International University
MDiv with Theology focus—Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
BS in Pastoral Ministry, minor in Missions—Valley Forge Christian College
AS in Engineering Science—Genesee Community College
- Attends conferences such as the A/G Educators Conference and the Society for Pentecostal Studies.
- Attends A/G District events such as Minister’s Enrichment and District Council.
- Participant in the ACTS 2 journey with the local church.
- Youth Soccer Coach
- Royal Rangers Outpost Commander
- Church Board Member
- Short-term Missions Trips
About: Aaron was raised in New York on a dairy farm before pursuing his education. He has enjoyed the opportunity to live in North Dakota for the past 13 years. His wife, Karen, was raised in New York City before pursuing her education, and has enjoyed the more holistic lifestyle offered by the upper Midwest region. They have four school-age children. The family enjoys outdoor activities, such as running, hunting, and gardening; and loves participating in local church life.
Rev. Larry Gunther
Rev. Larry Gunther
D.Min. Assemblies of God Theological Seminary 2011
M.A. Biblical Literature Assemblies of God Theological Seminary 1993
B.A. Bible and Pastoral Studies North Central Bible College 1973
B.A. Bible and Christian Education North Central Bible College 1973
- North Dakota District Family Camp Bible teacher 2011, 2012
- Ordained Minister with The General Council of the Assemblies of God
- 23 years pastoral experience prior to Trinity
- 11 years pastoral experience while at Trinity
- 7 years pulpit supply in Assemblies of God, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Church of Christ, and Congregational churches
- Kulm Ambulance Service—EMT—4 years
- Ellendale Community Ambulance Service—EMT—12 years; driver—4 years
About: Married to Valerie Loven Gunther, November 25, 1972, Four children: Andrew (Jenna), Rachelle (Charles Lang), Sara, Micah (Jill)
One step-granddaughter—Samantha; four granddaughters—Aalexis, Sophie, Tressa, Lauryan; one grandson--Gunnar.
MA of Counseling – and – MA Marriage and Family Therapy from Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, Springfield, MO – 2006
BA of Youth Ministries, Minor in Music from Central Bible College, Springfield, MO – 1984
- 1984 to 1992 – Teen Challenge Ministries – women’s supervisor, curriculum supervisor, and parental supervisor
- 2006 to 2011 – Kidz Ark (child and youth residential rehab), Sterling, CO – provisionally licensed therapist for residents and their families
- 2011 to present – Trinity Bible College in Ellendale, ND – psychology professor
- Highly involved in local church ministry in area of counseling thru the campus and area churches
- Addictions Recovery Counselor (part-time volunteer) for 12-step program in Aberdeen, SD
About: Cyndie has been married for 22 years to the love of her life, Stephen, who has been in small-town pastoral ministry. They have two daughters, Stephanie (17) and Amanda (14), and the family feels very happy and blessed to live in a town with the atmosphere of Ellendale.
M.A. English Literature, University of Ottawa, Canada 1973
B.A. Political Science, Amherst College, Amherst, Mass. 1970
A.A. Cape Cod Community College, Hyannis, Mass. 1968
- 32 years teaching in three Christian colleges:
- Zion Bible Institute (now AG college, Northpoint) 1979-1988;
- Valley Forge Christian College 1990-1992;
- Trinity Bible College 1992-2013
- Fall 2013 : serving as adjunct professor, Trinity Bible College
- Pastor of two small N.D. churches 2003-2010
- Speaker at community or patriotic events, recruited by American Legion
- Reader / narrator for community events: band concerts, Christmas or Easter choral events
Born: Richard Daniel Pelletier, Lawrence, Mass. 1943
Wife: Kathleen June (Carrington) Pelletier from Westfield, Mass.
Current ambitions: (1) writing and publishing; (2) own small gallery of art / woodcraft.
- Have taught for two years as Adjunct Professor at Trinity Bible College
- YMCA basketball tournaments
About: My family and I reside in Aberdeen, SD where I am on staff at Aberdeen First Assembly of God. I have been there for over 13 years. I have a wife and 4 kids, ranging in age from 18 to 9. I enjoy playing basketball, softball, and exercising at the YMCA. I enjoy reading professionally, and also non-fiction for fun.
- Girls Basketball Coach 2009-Present- Trinity Bible College
- Faculty - 2012-Present- Trinity Bible College
M.Ed. in Educational Administration, Grand Canyon University (In Progress)
MA in Religion- Intercultural Studies, Liberty Theological Seminary and Graduate School
BA in Physical Education and Health, Trinity Bible College
Minors in Biblical Studies and Athletic Coaching, Trinity Bible College
- Currently teaching in Intercultural Studies department and working as Website Development Coordinator at Trinity Bible College
- Taught (PE, Health, Personal Finance) in a Public School in Missouri from 2011-2013
- English Teacher at Hebei Jing Mao Da Xue (Hebei University) in Shijiazhuang, China in Summer of 2010
- Substitute Taught (all subjects) in North Dakota (K-12) from 2009-2011
- Taught (Bible, and PE) in a Private Christian School in Oklahoma from 2008-2009
- Traveled to Belize City, Belize to help build a AG Bible Camp with Harvest Christian Center (AG)
- Traveled with Athletes in Action to Israel to put on Christian-based basketball camps and compete as an athlete
- Traveled with Athletes in Action to Moldvoa on sports based mission trip
About: Married to Chelsey Simonsen, a graduate of Trinity Bible College with a degree in Intercultural Studies and Biblical Studies, and has one daughter, Nora Lin. The Simonsen's moved back to Ellendale, ND in the summer of 2013 after living in Farmington, Missouri for two years after getting married in the summer of 2011. The Simonsen's enjoy traveling overseas and have a heart for missions.
While at Trinity, Derek was a four-year starter on the men's basketball team and a member of the 2006 North Central Region Championship team that made it to the national tournament for only the 5th time in school history. Derek finished his career with over 1,000 points, 500 rebounds and was an All-Conference guard in the NIAC Basketball Conference.
- Taught secondary school science in diverse cultural and socio-economic American settings; 2007-2012
- Academic Dean and Lecturer, Africa School of Missions, South Africa; 1990-2007
- Church Planter / Pastor, Hillsview Christian Fellowship, South Africa; 1990-2004
About: Shortly after Sara gave her heart to the Lord at the age of 14, she learned that there were places in the world where people didn’t know about the Lord Jesus. Her response was, “I guess I better go.” That started her on a lifelong commitment to missions. She served in South Africa for 20 years in missions training and pastoral ministry. After returning to the USA she had the opportunity to experience missions in the workplace as a science teacher in public and charter schools.
Currently Sara is serving at Trinity Bible College in Ellendale, North Dakota as the administrator of the graduate studies program and Associate Professor in Inter-cultural Studies. Sara has recently commenced PhD studies in Inter-cultural Studies at the Assembly of God Theological Seminary in Springfield, MO
Dr. Brad Tennant
Dr. Brad Tennant
2007 University of South Dakota - Ed.D: History Education
2003 University of North Dakota - MA: History
1987 Northern State University - MAT: Social Sciences
1983 Northern State University - BS: Secondary Education (Social Science) Minor: History
- 2010-present Associate Professor of History (tenured 2008)
- South Dakota State Historical Society (President)
- Brown County Historical Society (Vice President)
- Aberdeen/Brown County Landmarks Commission (Secretary)
About: Dr. Brad Tennant is an Associate Professor of History from Aberdeen, South Dakota and serves as an adjunct professor at Trinity Bible College. In addition to his teaching assignments, Tennant is an active researcher, writer, and presenter on a variety of state and regional topics. Dr. Tennant serves on the Board of Trustees of the South Dakota State Historical Society, where he currently is the president of the Board. He is also a member of several other national, state, and local historical organizations. Tennant and his wife, Brigid, live in Aberdeen, South Dakota.
- Substitute teacher in Nebraska Pubic schools for 6 years
- Adj. Instructor of Physical Education at Trinity Bible College
- Volunteer youth group leader for 7 years
- Tee ball coach
- Assembly of God Fine arts
- Vocal Coach
- Praise/Worship Band
B.A. in Biblical Studies with a Music Minor, Trinity Bible College, 2003
A.A. in Biblical Studies with a missions emphasis, Trinity Bible College, 1978
- I have 25 years of experience as a private piano instructor and 12 years as a classroom instructor.
The two great loves of my life second to Jesus Christ are music and God’s Word. Over the years I have played on many worship teams and directed numerous choirs and musicals for both adults and children. I also love Teen Bible Quiz and have coached teams for over 25 years.