The MA (Missional Leadership) is a 48 credit research degree in Practical Theology designed to equip the student with both a theological and practical framework for understanding leadership and ministry in a complex cultural context. Developing an understanding of leadership, organizational development and strategic planning form the initial foundation of the curriculum. A critical evaluation of ethical issues in contemporary society along with matters related to spirituality, community and contemporary shifts in leadership models round out a program that equips the student to navigate the demands of a globalized world and the relevant demonstration of the mission of Christ.
Upon completing the MA (ML), the student should be able to:
- Apply Biblical principles of leadership to contemporary ministry contexts.
- Evaluate and respond to cultural phenomena in light of Scriptural values.
- Formulate relevant ministry strategies for the globalized world.
- Establish a system of ongoing evaluation of ministerial organizations
· Quality education that engages with the context, reflects on theology and rethinks paradigms of leadership.
· Rigorous courses offered in 4 one-week sessions per year.
· Convenient, economical and innovative program that accommodates people with a busy schedule.
· Emphasis on spiritual formation and personal development
· Highly qualified and experienced faculty
· Enhanced library services with capability to access theological databases from your home.
The MA (Missional Leadership) is a 48 credit program and you can complete in as little as two years.
There are 13 courses of three credits each and a thesis of nine credits.
Complete the Program in two Years
*Year One: Complete seven courses over four residential sessions.
*Year Two: Complete five courses over four residential sessions and one course by distance education while beginning work on the thesis. Students who anticipate completing the thesis during the second year can apply to participate in Graduation Ceremonies.
Need more flexibility? Students can utilize an additional six months for the completion of their thesis and a total of 6 years to complete the entire program. If a student takes longer than 6 years to complete their major, they will need to reapply to the program.
What is a Residential Session?
The Residential Sessions of the MA(ML) at Trinity are four sessions of four days each per year. Typically they will begin on a Monday evening with a shared supper and a forum. The program will run full day Tuesday – Thursday and finish by lunch time on Friday. The dates for the sessions are scheduled at least two years in advance for your long-term planning.
Access to the Internet is required for participation in the program.