Trinity Bible College and Graduate School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. TBC&GS seeks to employ people who are compatible with the college’s mission and statement of faith.
- Job Title: Lead Cook / Kitchen Manager
- Job Description: We are looking for a skilled Cook and Kitchen Manager to prepare delicious meals in a cafeteria setting for staff and students. In addition, individual will manage cafeteria team made up of full time and student employees. Ability to plan and prepare three daily meals for bulk service. Multi-tasking, good customer service, ability to plan in advance and people management are a few of the main skills needed. Year-round position with lighter workload during the summer months. Weekends and nights will be required when needed.
- Job Type: Full-Time with lighter workload during the summer months.
- Job Qualifications or Requirements: Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment. Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.). Cook food in various utensils or grillers. Check food while cooking to stir or turn. Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen. Ensure all food and other items are stored properly. Check quality of ingredients. Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages. Ensure staff is monitored and kept on task.
Must have proven experience as cook. People management experience a plus/ Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.). Ability to follow all sanitation procedures. Ability to work in and lead a team. Very good communication skills. Excellent physical condition and stamina. Must be willing and able to agree to Trinity Bible College and Graduate School’s Statement of Faith and Mission Statement.
- Required Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Compensation: $31,000-$37,500 (Determined by Level of Education/Experience). Eligible for full benefit package including: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan, Employee Discount, and/or Tuition Discount.
- Contact: Email resume to Vaughn Jordan at email@example.com.