Dr. Damon Duran
Chair of the Intercultural Studies Department,
Associate Professor of Intercultural Studies
- D.Min., Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, Springfield, MO
- M.Div. (Equivalency), Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, Springfield, MO
- M.S., Practical Theology/Counseling, Southwestern A/G University, Waxahachie, TX
- B.S., Counseling Psychology/Church Ministries, Southwestern A/G University, Waxahachie, TX
- A.A., Psychology, Southwestern A/G University, Waxahachie, TX
Professor Damon Duran joined Trinity Bible College & Graduate School’s faculty in 2022. He and his wife, Dr. Saehee Duran, come to Trinity with years of practical intercultural and pastoral experience. The Durans planted a multiethnic church in one of the least diverse cities in America and were still able to host worshippers from at least 65 nations. Dr. Duran has been a youth, associate, lead and church planting pastor as well as worship leader in Michigan, Colorado, New Mexico, Missouri and South Korea. Dr. Duran has also been a hospice, police and motorcycle club chaplain.
Born and raised in Miracle Valley, Arizona, Dr. Duran has lived 26 years on A/G college campuses (his father was the president of two). He met his wife and was married in South Korea where he went solely to teach English for a year and ended up planting a church and living there for nearly 4 years. Dr. Duran had a slight advantage in planting two intercultural churches by the fact that he is Hispanic and married to a Korean. During his free time, Dr. Duran enjoys riding his motorcycle, international travel, playing sports and enjoying the outdoors.