Dr. Paul York
M.A. Adjunct Faculty
- Ph.D. Theology (Missiology) Pan Africa Theological Seminary, Lome Togo, 2021
- MA Missiology Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, Springfield MO 1994
- B.A. Religion and Philosophy Northwest College (University), 1990
- Library Assistant, Northwest College of the AG (University), 1986-1990.
- Missionary with AGWM in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 1996-2000.
- Professor at Addis Ababa Bible College (AG), Addis Ababa Ethiopia, 1997-1999.
- Missionary in Residence (Professor), SAGU, Waxahachie Texas, 2000-2001.
- Associate Professor (Theology, Bible, and Missions), SAGU, 2001-2003.
- Missionary with AGUSM-Chi Alpha N. Texas in Fort Worth, Texas, 2001-2004.
- Associate Professor of Missions, Central Bible College, Springfield Missouri 2003-2013.
- Chair, Missions and Evangelism Department, CBC, 2004-2013.
- Advisor, Campus Missions Fellowship (weekly missions revival service), CBC, 2003-2013.
- Associate Professor of Intercultural Studies, Evangel University, Springfield MO 2013-2016.
- Missionary with AGUSM-Chi Alpha, National Team Missions Training/Research, 2016 – 2022.
- Missionary with AGUSM-Chi Alpha, Cross-Cultural Disciple Making Trainer (field specialist based at Texas A&M Chi Alpha in College Station, Texas) 2022 – present
- Adjunct Professor (Missiology-theology, church ministry, and culture studies), Trinity Bible College and Graduate School (graduate program professor), 2022-present.
- International Church Planting Mission Trip director for CBC, Swaziland (2008) and Burundi (2009-2011), working with AGWM missionaries.
- CBC summer trip director for Indonesia (2012) with AGWM.
- All Nations Conference, Chi Alpha International Student Ministries, World Prayer session moderator, 2016-present.
- Discover the Nations Student Worker Training Conference presenter, Austin TX, Fort Worth TX, Conway AR (varied schedule from 2013-present).
- Chi Alpha SALT workshop trainer and conference speaker, Dallas TX, Cincinnati OH, Fort Worth TX, Seattle WA, Houston TX, varied schedule between 2000-present.
- Chi Alpha Reach the U National Missionary Training plenary speaker, Springfield MO, 2020-present.
- “Counting the Stars: Expedition with the God of Abraham,” Expeditions, Chi Alpha, Springfield MO, 2005.
- A Biblical Theology of Missions, Discovery Series, Africa’s Hope, Springfield MO 2008.
- “Teaching In the Spirit,” Kuelemisha Kwa Lengo African Bible Trainer Journal, Kampala, Uganda 2009.
- Upcoming book, Cross-Cultural Disciple Maker: A Missiology that Goes Somewhere (targeted for release in 2023).
Paul has worked in missions internationally and in the United States since 1994. He was raised in a missionary family in Nigeria and began preaching while a high school student in Hillcrest High School, a well-known international school in Jos, Nigeria. He lived and taught cross-culturally in Ethiopia just after the fall of communism in that country. Paul served for ten years as the leader of the Missions department at the US Assemblies of God’s original school for missionary formation, Central Bible College. He published a book on Narrative Biblical Theology currently used for pastoral training in many nations across Africa. Paul and his wife, Lisa, serve as US missionaries with Chi Alpha Campus Ministry of the Assemblies of God (USA). He holds the Ph.D. in Theology (Missiology) from Pan Africa Theological Seminary, where he studied with leaders from Pentecostal church movements from many different African nations in the new demographic center of World Christianity, the Global South. Paul has traveled in short-term ministry on five continents, with a focus in Africa, where he led student teams involved in the planting of five churches in two nations. His doctoral dissertation is a qualitative study of three vibrant Chi Alpha disciple-making groups which use a radically different approach to the formation of Christians as workers than that found in most Western Christian ministries, with significant results including a steady production of long-term workers in both world and US missionary contexts. Paul and Lisa live in College Station, Texas.