Dr. William Raccah
Ph.D. Adjunct Faculty
- MBA (Educational Leadership) – Satell Center for Executive Education (Malvern, PA). June 2010
- Ph.D. (Biblical Studies – Old Testament Ethics and Cultural Anthropology) – Université Laval (Quebec City, PQ). October 2002
- Ph.D. (Systems Thinking and Development) – Université Laval (Quebec City, PQ). May 2004
- MA (Religion – Old Testament) – Vanguard University of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA). May 1987
- BA (Religion – Biblical Studies) – Vanguard University of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA). May 1980
- Diploma of Theology – Northwest Bible College (now Vanguard College – Edmonton, AB, Canada). April 1979
- Licence ès Sciences (Computer Science) (same as B.Sc.) – Centre Universitaire de Technologie (Versailles, France). June 1972
- Baccalauréat (Accounting and Economics) – Lycée d’État Mixte de Châtenay Malabry (Châtenay Malabry, France). June 1969
- Executive Director – Project Consulting – Calgary, Alberta, 11/2006 to present
- President – Israel College of the Bible – Jerusalem, Israel, 09/2005 to 09/2006
- Director – Vanguard College – Calgary Campus – Calgary, AB, 07/1998 to 08/2005
- Chief Operations Officer – Westside King’s Church – Calgary, AB, 03/1997 to 06/1998
- President & Dean – Collège Biblique Québec – Quebec City, PQ, 07/1989 to 05/1997
- Instructor – Horizon College – Saskatoon, SK, 07/1987 to 06/1989
- Adjunct faculty in various Bible Colleges, Seminaries and Graduate Schools across Canada, the US and overseas 2006 to present
- Jews for Jesus (Canada) – Toronto, ON, 1995 -present
- Westside King’s Church – Calgary, AB, 1997 – 2013
- Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada – Mississauga, ON, 2001 – 2005
Active member of the following learned societies:
- American Academy of Religion
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Society for Pentecostal Studies
- Canadian Society of Biblical Studies
Widows at the Gates. Cologne, Germany: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing AG & Co. KG, 2009.
Chapters in edited books:
- “From Tribal League to Kingdom” in They Spoke from God: A Survey of the Old Testament. William C. Williams, ed. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2003: 409-455.
- “Early Jewish Eschatology” in Perspectives in Pentecostal Eschatologies. Peter Althouse and Robert Waddell, eds. Pittsburgh, PA: Pickwick Press, 2010. in a symposium on this book at Southeastern University, Lakeland, FL (February 2010).
- “Adoption in the Ancient Near East” in the Lexham Bible Dictionary. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2015.
- “Adultery in the Ancient Near East” [with Douglas Mangum] in the Lexham Bible Dictionary. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2015.
- “Poor in the Ancient Near East” [with Douglas Mangum] in the Lexham Bible Dictionary. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2015.
- “Sociology and the Old Testament” in the Lexham Bible Dictionary. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2015.
- “Kill Me, Kill Me Not: The Bible’s Moral and Ethical Dimensions to Suicide” in the Eastern Journal of Practical Theology, vol. 4, no. 2 (Fall 1990): 18-25.
- “How Then Shall We Live? – A Pentecostal Looks at Ethics” Testimony (May 2001): 9-12.
- “Education: Where do we Need to Go from Here?” in Testimony (September 2002): 12-15.
- “Early Jewish Pentecostalism.” Paper presented at the 33rd annual meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies. Milwaukee, WI: Marquette University (March 2004).
- “The Sufferings of God, The Holy Spirit.” Paper presented at the 35th annual meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies. Pasadena, CA: Fuller’s Theological Seminary (March 2006).
- Panelist with John Goldingay, reviewing his Old Testament Theology: Israel’s Gospel. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2003, at the 35th annual meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies. Pasadena, California: Fuller’s Theological Seminary (March 2006).
- “My Driving Neighbour” in Alberta Trucking National, vol. 8, issue 2 (Spring 2007): 24-25.
- “I’ve Made It” in Alberta Trucking National, vol. 9, issue 1 (Fall 2007): 22-23.
- “Holy Craftsmen – Rediscovering the Mighty Works of God, His Shadow, and Himself.” Paper presented at the 46th annual meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies. Life Pacific College, San Dimas, CA (March, 2016).
- “Exploited, Abused, Vilified–The Mother who Was Not a Mother, but Is.” Paper presented at the 50th annual meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies. Southlake, TX: The King’s University (March 2021).
Respondent to a number of papers presented at the Society for Pentecostal Studies
Supervision and editing of 5 MA thesis, 1 DTh, and 5 DMin
William was born in Tunis (Tunisia), North Africa, in an orthodox Jewish family. He grew up in Paris, France, and moved to Canada in 1975 upon becoming a believer in Jesus Christ while residing in Israel.
His post-secondary education was done in France, where he earned a BA in Accounting and Economics, and a B.Sc. in Computer Science at the University of Paris, as well as a Diploma in Warehousing Technology from the French Army.
He furthered his education in Canada and the US, where he completed the BA (Religion) and the MA (Biblical Studies – Old Testament) at Vanguard University of Southern California, the Ph.D. (Ethics and Cultural Anthropology) and the Ph.D. (Systems Thinking and Development) at Laval University, in Quebec City, and earned the MBA (Educational Leadership) from the Satell Center for Executive Education, Malvern, PA.
He has written, and continues to write, a number of articles, and contributed to several books.
He has been an Instructor for over 30 years, and was the Dean and President of 3 institutions in Quebec City (Quebec), Calgary (Alberta), and Israel.
He has had opportunities to travel literally around the globe (98 countries), teaching and consulting, discovering different cultures in the process.
He continues to be actively involved in consulting for various organizations and educational institutions, as well as teaching and conducting seminars.
He has been married to Judy for 43 years and is the father of two grown children, and grandfather to two grandchildren..